How to unzip files?
- Under "Select zip file to extract", click on browse (or your browser equivalent)
- Select the zip file you wish to extract.
- Click "Extract". It will list the content of the zip file.
- IF your archive is password protected, enter it at the prompt and then click "Set Password".
- Click "Save" on the individual files to save file to your local drive.
- OPTIONAL: Click blue "Preview" button to open directly in the browser. This option only available for some file types.
What operating system and browser does ezyZip support?
Ensure you are using the latest version of one of the popular browsers or their variants. (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari).
Please let us know via the feedback form if you have any issues.
What is ezyZip?
ezyZip is a free zip and unzip online file compression tool that lets you zip files into an archive. It also supports unzip, allowing you to uncompress archived zip, zipx, 7z, rar, cab, tar, txz, tbz2, bz2, iso, lzh, deb, and tgz files. This includes password encrypted archive files!
Unlike other zip and unzip online utilities, ezyZip DOES NOT have file size restrictions or require you to upload / download files to a server. It runs locally as a browser app, thus making it much quicker than other similar zip and unzip online tools. This also ensures your privacy will be protected as no file data will leave your browser.
What is a zip file?
Just think of it as a directory that may contain files and more sub-directories once it’s opened by a zip utility program. It compresses the data using a lossless algorithm meaning there is no file quality degradation like in some compression formats (e.g. mp3, jpeg). The compression algorithm can vary however the most common is DEFLATE. The standard is constantly evolving with new algorithm and encryption options are added at regular intervals.
ezyZip offers various options to manipulate zip files including zipping individual files, create a zipped folder, extracting zip files or converting zip files.